It can happen to anyone that, at the least expected moment, Microsoft account appears locked. And one of the biggest problems is that you are not allowed to access any of the services while temporarily suspended.
You start to think about the situation to see what you did wrong or where you failed. Apparently, everything is correct but you are still unable to enter mainly your Outlook email account. But nevertheless, you should know that this action is a security measure by Microsoft to protect your messages and all your private data.
But don’t worry, all is not lost. In this tutorial you will learn the steps you must take to recover your Outlook account, what to avoid so that you are not blocked again and the main reasons why this measure can be taken.
Why was my Outlook account locked?
There is no single reason why Microsoft you can resort to blocking an account, the characteristics of each case may be different.
However, the most common reasons include:
- You sent a large number of emails in a short time, many of which were not approved by users.
- Some kind of virus or malware.
- Some login is considered suspicious or from an unusual and unknown place.
- Emails are received from unknown or infrequent contacts in large quantity.
- You tried log in multiple times with a password wrong.
- You are logging in from a new device that is not recognized by the account since it is the first time you use it.
Learn how to unlock your Outlook account
Have you Outlook account lockedEspecially if you use it for work or study purposes, it can be frustrating. But it is a protective measure and will help you preserve your privacy.
To recover it, you must take a few simple steps like the ones explained now:
The first step you must take is enter this link
account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx for start the recovery process from account.
Then do the following:
- Enter your Outlook account address and mark on following.
Select a verification method
Once you enter your email address, it will ask you to send a code to an alternative email or if you don’t want to do it that way, do this:
- Mark “Show more verification methods.”
- Then a phone number is displayed to which a Verification code.
- If you do not have both elements, mark “I don’t have any of these proofs” and it will ask you to fill out a form to contact you.
Receive verification code
In case of selecting the alternative email or telephone number to receive the code, you must first write the last four digits of the mobile or the account name.
Now, follow these steps:
- Mark the option “Get code.”
- A new window appears in which you must write the code that arrived, either to email or mobile phone.
- Once you write it, you must change old password that you have been using.
- After you write it, you will be able to start your session again with your Outlook account recovered.
- It is important to highlight that The new password created must be safe and easy for you to remember. That way you will limit security and access problems.
The code does not work
If the code that came to the phone does not accept it, try it one more time. You must make sure that you are writing it correctly, with the required amount of symbols. On the other hand, when it is indicated that you have exceeded the limit, it means that there are many times that you have requested a code and that you have to wait a while to continue with your recovery.
If the change doesn’t work
If the above steps don’t work, it is convenient to access Microsoft technical support to find a solution that may have to do with what you do not receive the verification code, the new password does not work or you have problems with the user. However, in most cases, just making the password change is enough to continue enjoying the benefits of your account Outlook.
Tips to avoid being blocked again in Outlook
The best for what Outlook doesn’t lock your account temporarily is to respect the conditions of use of the service, which you accepted once you created it.
Among the things to avoid are the following:
Do not send mass emails
Unless the senders have subscribed or requested information, avoid sending mass emails from your personal account. They can classify you as suspicious activity. The best thing if you are carrying out a digital marketing campaign is to use a paid account that meets the necessary requirements.
Send content only to contacts
Passing emails to unknown accounts is also considered suspicious activity. If the other person marked the message as not wanted, the first step is already taken so that Outlook I took action. So it is best to use only the list of contacts you have and not resort to the practice of buying or renting mailing lists.
Always remember the password
Correctly entering the password to log in is one of the most effective ways to avoid blocking from the Outlook account. Use passwords that are complex, that meet security standards and that you can associate it with some elements.
A) Yes you will not have to be typing the password over and over again, which could be interpreted as that someone is trying to steal your data or use the account without prior authorization. When Outlook It sends you the warning that the account is suspended, that does not mean that you have already lost it and that you will never be able to access it again. What you have is to carefully follow the steps that are in this course And if you wake up without access to the mail, in a few minutes you will have it back.