UPDATED ✅ Do you want to fix the bug that won’t let you hear anything in Zoom meetings? ⭐ ENTER HERE ⭐ and Learn Everything From Scratch ⭐
Zoom has become the number one platform worldwide when it comes to Internet video callsthis thanks to all the functions it offers so it allows you to have a very complete experience.
Nevertheless, one of the most frequent problems of users when using this service either through the mobile device or computer is that listen to the audio, so it is good to know How to solve it.
Therefore, if you’re having this issue with your Zoom accounthere we will explain in detail how can you correct it. To do this, follow everything that we will teach you throughout the post.
Learn how to fix your Zoom audio issues on mobile
Naps presenting this problem from the mobile device, So here we are going to explain step by step how you can correct it.
To do this, follow each of the methods that we will explain below:
Verify that the audio is activated
If for some reason your audio is not heard during the video callsthe first thing you should do is verify that it is activated. In this case you must access the video conference and from there Zoom should ask you for permissions to record video, audio and take photos so you must accept these permissions. Note that this will appear the first time you join a meeting.
When you are inside the meeting, the following will be to perform these steps:
- Verify that the sound of the meeting this activated. This icon is located on the bottom left of your screen.
- The next thing will be to slide the screen to the left to activate the “safe driving mode”. On the screen you must press the button “push to talk” Here the audio should be recognized so they will indicate that you are speaking in the meeting.
Check that the speakers are working
This is a process that should always be done and before starting a video call since, this will allow everything to work correctly in it. In this case you should open any audio or video file on your smartphone and check that the speakers have full volume or a considerable volume.
If you verify that everything works correctly, then you can access the video call. In case the problem persists and the audio is not heard, then check that the Bluetooth is disabled as this may cause audio interference. In the same way disconnect the headphones if you have them connected to verify that this is not what is causing the problem.
Reboot the device
If you have performed the above methods and the audio problem persists in the Zoom app, then it is best to restart the mobile device. On many occasions the device hardware does not respond correctly so many applications may not work correctly. Therefore, after the mobile device reboots, it double checks that the volume is in a highest level and enter the meeting again to check if it works properly.
Clear the app cache
Another option that you can carry out on your smartphone is clear the cache. Many times applications start crashing your system because of lack of space or because the memory is saturated by the cache.
Therefore, the most advisable thing in this case is to delete it and to do so, perform the following steps:
- The first thing you should do is enter the “Settings” of the device and there select the section of “Applications”.
- In the list of applications that appears on the screen, look for the “zoom” and click on it.
- The next thing will be to press on the option of “Storage”.
- On the screen that opens next, you must select the option “delete cache”.
Delete and reinstall Zoom
What last alternative if the problem doesn’t improve, then you’re going to have to remove and reinstall the Zoom app of your smartphone.
To do this you must follow these steps:
- The first thing you should do is enter the “Settings” from the terminal.
- Then select the section “Applications”.
- In the app list that appears on the screen, select “zoom”.
- When you have entered it, you must select the option “uninstall”.
- Once the app has been removed from your mobilethe following will be reinstall ityou can do this from the application store of Google Play Store wave app store.
Learn how to make Zoom listen from your computer
If you are one of the users who prefers to use Zoom services from your computer and you are presenting this same problem with the audio, then it will be necessary for you to carry out the methods that we will show you below to try to correct it.
Go for it:
Verify that audio is enabled
As usual, Zoom allows users to access video calls with the audio turned off. That is why one of the recommendations is that when you are in a meeting you check if the audio icon is on or off. If it is disabled, you must click on it to activate it.
You will find this icon in the bottom left of your screen within the meeting. You can too activate or deactivate this function by pressing the keys
ALT + A.
Check the volume of the computer
As with the smartphone, it is important to verify that the computer volume is on and have full volume as if this is off or very low you will not hear the zoom audio.
In order to check this you will need to perform these steps:
- Go to the bottom left of your screen and click on the “Audio”.
- Over there it will show you the volume of the computer audioin this case make sure that the line is located in at least the 80% of the total volume.
Exit and re-enter the meeting
If the audio problem persists after you have tried the above two methods, then it is best to close the meeting and join it again. On many occasions errors are created when creating them that can cause these failures. Therefore, one way to try to correct this is to restart the desktop apps, in this case close it and reopen it. Before re-entering the meeting, check the previous two methods again to make sure that the audio works correctly this time.
restart the computer
If the problem still appears then the following will be Restart the system. This is due to the fact that on many occasions the operating system does not load correctly or after a while it starts to malfunction and can cause some failures in the applications or in the sound of the computer.
For it take a few minutes to rest while the PC restarts correctly. Once it reboots, then go back to the Zoom desktop app and re-enter the meeting. Most likely, this method will have solved the error for you.
Uninstall and reinstall the software
Finally, if the audio issue doesn’t go away and you still don’t hear anything in Zoomthe most recommended would be remove and reinstall the video calling app. In this way you will make sure to eliminate any error that is affecting its operation.
To perform this procedure you will need to follow each of these steps:
- The first thing you should do is enter the “Setting” of the system.
- Then you must enter the section “Applications”.
- Later you will find a list with all the programs installed on your PC. Here you will have to search the zoom app and click on it.
- On the screen you will see the option “uninstall” which you are going to select.
- After delete it, the next thing will be reinstall it from their official site as you did the first time.
Other common Zoom problems you can fix
There are some other common mistakes in Zoom during video calls and that luckily you can also easily solve.
That is why we show you the most common below:
Echoes during the call
Many of the users usually comment echo problems during calls. This usually happens when the microphone detects audio from speakers either because the microphone is very close to the speakers or there is a very close mobile phone or other computers that cause some interference. One way to fix this would be muting the microphone or identify the meeting participants that are causing the echo problem during the call.
Can’t share screen
If for some reason you can not screen sharing during your Zoom meetingsthen it will be necessary that check the app settings to verify that you have this option activated.
To do this, follow each of these steps:
- Enter the Zoom desktop app and click on the photo of your profile.
- In the drop-down menu that appears there, select “Setting”.
- There you enter the section “Share screen” and then check the box for “Enable remote control of all apps”.
- The next thing will be to click on “Advanced” and the frame value make sure it is below the 10 seconds.
- Finally, save the changes and verify that have been applied.
If after this the problem persists and you can’t share screen during video callthen you will need to uninstall and reinstall the Zoom desktop app.
You can do this by following these steps:
- Enter the “Setting” of your computer and select the section “Applications”.
- There, a list will open with all the apps you have installed on your computer. Search Zoom and click on it and then select the option “uninstall”.
- After that you must reinstall it from scratch like you did the first time.
Deleting the app will allow you remove all errors of the same so installing it from scratch will help you correct this and any other error that the system is presenting.
The microphone is not heard
In the case that your microphone is not heardthen you must make sure that it is activated and Zoom can access it. Note that restricting this can cause app glitches like screen sharing.
So to allow Zoom to use your microphone do the following:
- enter to “Setting” from your system.
- In the menu of options Select the section “Privacy”.
- Now in the options panel on the left of your screen select the item “Microphone”.
- From there you will have to activate the option so that desktop applications can access the “Microphone”.
- Lastly, make sure that zoom appear in the authorized applications to make use of this tool.
After this you must rejoin a Zoom meeting and verify that your microphone is working properly.