UPDATED ✅ Do you want to know the tricks to get the most out of your Twitter account? ⭐ ENTER HERE ⭐ and find out what they are ✅ EASY and FAST ✅
It is no secret to anyone that Twitter is considered one of the most famous and advantageous social networks in the world, which is why millions of people access it every day. Taking into account that, shows extensive coverage worldwide and it is a place where there are still many things to be discovered.
In this sense, each social network is considered as a new world that has its own peculiarities and beyond that, have unique features and tricks that it is valuable to know to obtain the best use of them. Which, of course, also happens with Twitter, which, although it shows an easy operation, is full of options that may be unknown to most of its users.
So, in order for you to be able to manage all your tweets and your activity on this well-known social platform in the best possible way, we want to detail a compilation with the main tactics you can employ on Twitter to get the most out of it.
3 Facts About Twitter You Probably Didn’t Know
To start with this important discovery around Twitter, We will point out some relevant data on said platform that, although they may seem very elementary, are actually unknown to almost all users of the social network.
So, below, we will detail three of these:
Number of monthly users
This well-known social network allows you to keep track of the number of followers you get on your profile. To do this, you must access the panel of “Analytics” in “More options” and there, observe How much did your follower database increase over the last 30 days? or, in the last month.
In addition to this, you can see how many new followers you acquired per day. Which, allows you to also determine the cause of it, thanks to the fact that if on a specific day you observe that you gained or lost many followers, you can see what you tweeted that day. Being this of great help for entrepreneurs, brands and companies that want to gain customers or greater visibility.
It’s still trending
Despite the fact that there are currently other apps that can show more power compared to Twitter in various countries around the world, the truth is that this social network is still a trend and it’s not obsolete at all. Taking into account that, it was categorized as the most downloaded news app on the App Store and is kept completely up to date.
Which means that, beyond being a social network, it is a news site where you can manage different information and activities. Since it allows you to know what is happening at any given moment in real time and even on the other side of the world.
Powerful Marketing Tool
With the remarkable development that shows the world of Marketing, a large number of users of social networks seek the most optimal to publicize their brand, their products or their services and without a doubt, gain more customers. Thus, Twitter is currently considered an excellent tool for this.
The main reason for this is based on the fact that said social network helps you to understand the behavior of Internet usersthus being of great support to better understand your potential customers and know what you can offer them in response to their requirements.
Additionally, it is a place that makes it easier for brands to show your personality, increase its presence on the Internet based on the corporate image and also increase its position in the minds of followers. Even for brands that are not clear about their personality, it is also a good tool because it allows them to experience it more easily.
What characteristics make Twitter a unique social network?
Starting because Twitter is a two-way communication platform With the nature of a social network, it can already be said that it is a different alternative to the other recognized ones such as Facebook or Instagram, for example.
As such, Twitter is considered a unique social network, even though it limits its posts to a total of 280 characters (currently). But, to further emphasize the originality of the platform in question, it is necessary to take into account as many other characteristics that, here we indicate in detail:
He is very efficient around information
It is no secret to anyone that, on this platform, you can find a lot of quality information and in a short time. In addition, it helps you quickly reach the best sources of information regarding any topic, since it shows the opinions and recommendations of other users.
In this sense, it has succeeded in creating a culture of “efficiency” among its users, since forces them to make the most of the available space to type what they want; so they will have to get to the point quickly. Thus ensuring a remarkable agility in the people who use this communication channel.
It brings closer people who are separated by a physical distance
Although many social networks have been created to shorten distances, especially; many of them fail to deliver a pleasant feeling of closeness. But, with Twitter, the opposite happens, since it provides its users with that sensation. to the be so agile and instant communication there.
Thus, it is an optimal mechanism for be always connected with your family and friends and even to meet new people and access public figures who are active on the social network and are interesting to you. Being like this, much closer to his day to day.
A very versatile alternative
Another original aspect of this platform is the user interface it displays. Since, when using SMS-type messages, it occupies very little space and this promotes the use of mobile devices which is on the rise today. Thus, an extremely versatile application with great mobility that has become the preferred option for many.
It allows you to promote your company with Twitter Ads
For those who don’t know, it has an advertising tool known as “Twitter Ads” that allows companies or brands to promote their tweets and thereby get more followers, interactions and traffic.
Among its greatest advantages, we highlight that, although it is paid, the advertiser will only pay for the user who follows his account and not for viewing, being extremely economical. Apart from this, it allows you to define the target and provides analytics where you can know the scope of your promotion.
You can sync your Twitter account
So that you do not have to lose the information that you leave on your profile depending on your number of publications and followers, this social network allows you to sync between devices and so that everything coincides with the times of publication, follow-up and even around the number of readings.
Being this, a completely free feature that will help you to review and manage what you want within the social network and from any device you have at handwithout any limitation.
Provides comparative data
In order for you to know how your brand performs in various marketing categories, the little blue bird’s social network has the most complete information available about your followers and also regarding the social network in general and to certain groups of audiences.
Thanks to this, there is the possibility of comparing your followers with a remarkable variety of profiles of people, as well as with data demographics, consumer behaviors and intereststo get to know how your project works in these categories.
It is a viral platform
Since it is a platform social, global and synchronous character at the same time; stands out for offering brands and companies the opportunity to generate different content to guide the actions of their followers and, without a doubt, to be able to viralize any content.
This, especially, because Twitter simplifies the rapid circulation and multiplication of messages. Thus generating an excellent advantage for viralize brand communications and open the conversation with customers.
List of the best 35 Twitter tricks that will allow you to make the most of the platform
Now, we have reached the most interesting section of the entire post. Since, once you read and carry out the best Twitter tricks to make the most of this social network, your experience on said platform will change completely.
In this way, below, we detail 35 of the most interesting tactics to perform here:
You can share the capture of a text to save characters
Although many users love this social network, they estimate that the number of 280 defined characters for each tweet to be published, on many occasions, it may be insufficient. But, for this, there is an excellent solution that from now on you will know how to manage.
In this sense, you can write all the words you want to publish in your tweet from a word processor and later, share said text as if it were a photograph.
So, to carry out this clever idea, you can do the following:
- Go into Word or Notepad (or whatever word processor you prefer) and type there all the text you want to publish in your post from Twitter.
- After that, proceed to take a screenshot with the given keyboard shortcut. Taking care, of course, that only the text is visible (you simply have to cut it to your liking).
- Finally, go to Twitter and share the screenshot of the previous step like a picture.
Turn on night mode
Many people prefer to use dark themes or night modes on any platform where they want to stay a good amount of time. Whether for comfort, vision problems or any other reason. Well, Twitter offers a function that allows activate the night mode both in the web version and also in the mobile.
To be able to do it, complete the following step by step:
- Access your social network account and open the menu by clicking on your profile icon “More options”.
- Later, enter the option “Screen” located between one of the last of the small menu.
- Now you can click on “Dark night” either “clear night” to enable this mode to your liking, clicking on “Clever”. As you will see, you can also customize the screen with other colors.
Prevent videos from autoplaying automatically
If you find it annoying that the videos displayed on the social platform start playing by themselves, that is, automatically; Twitter contains an option to prevent this for users who don’t like it.
So, to do it in the browser version, do the following:
- Open your social network account and access the selection “More options”.
- Once the new menu is displayed, enter “Settings and privacy”.
- Now, when you are within that option, go to “Contents” either “Data Usage” (in this case).
- Lastly, click on “Autoplay” you will only have to deactivate the option with select “Never”.
In case you want to do it in the mobile version, you will also have to enter the Settings and privacy menu, but after that:
- Click on the option “Data Usage”What do you see in the general section?.
- Afterwards, click on“Video autoplay”which will display another new menu.
- In this menu, select if you prefer that the video clips are never seen, if you want them to always be seen with mobile data or WiFi, or that you can only see them when you browse with WiFi.
Poll your followers with surveys
Like other social networks with great fame, Twitter also allows survey followers. Which means that you can post a question with several answer options and with it, let the followers choose the one they think is correct. So that, when the term of duration is fulfilled, you will be able to show results.
This is the way it is done:
- Enter the platform and start writing a new tweetas well as any other.
- After that, select the survey icon which is located in third position, when you move from left to right linearly.
- With this, they will show you two new options to write an answer in each one (these will be the ones that the followers will be able to select). If you want to add more possibilities, click “Add an option” or the sign “+”.
- Finally, choose the duration of the survey and click on “Tweet”.
Manage multiple accounts on your smartphone
If you manage Twitter directly from your mobile through its app, it is possible login to more than one account at the same time. This being a long-awaited function in the version of the social network that, unfortunately, is not yet available.
To proceed to manage several accounts from your mobile device, execute the following process:
- Open the side menu within the application and click on the arrow that is pointing down, just to the right of the name of the profile that you have opened.
- Subsequently, a menu will be displayed in which you can add an existing account O well, create a new.
- So, once you write the username along with its password and enter the account(s) you want, you will be able to manage each one when opening said side menu again (as shown in the picture).
Make use of all the GIFs you want
Although it is true, today, a very common way of communicating on social networks and instant messaging apps is using the famous animated GIFs. It which has also been implemented on Twitter to please the vast majority of its users.
In this way, you can add it in any tweet you want, just as if it were an image. Either accompanied by texts or just the GIF.
To do so, use the following procedure:
- In the Home section of Twitter, start write a new tweet in the indicated bar.
- Once you type the text you want (if so), click on the GIF icon located in the bottom barjust in the second position from left to right.
- Now, it is time to click on the chosen GIF, once type a term to find related items in the search engine that they show you. With this, they will be included in the post as an image.
Proceed to create a thread easily
One of the new hallmarks of this social network is the threads. Which can be done in an extremely easy way and after the latest platform updates, it is as simple as make a normal tweet to publish it.
So, you have to complete these steps:
- Located above the Start bar to write a tweet, you must start by typing the ones you want to write first.
- Subsequently, click on the “+” symbol that is located at the bottom right next to the button “Tweet”.
- With the above, they will show you a new tweet below the one you had already written and thus, you can repeat the process as many times as you need.
- To finish, click on “Tweet Everything” to post the thread you created.
Add emojis to your tweets
Similar to GIFs, emojis have also become an absolutely essential part of communication over the Internet and these reveal a remarkable advantage in Twitter. Since, as you have a certain limitation on the number of words, from the emojis you can save these characters.
What you must do to include the emojis you want in your post is this:
- On the Start bar, proceed to create your tweet normally.
- Subsequently, click on the last option found at the bottom of this bar, that is, in a face icon.
- Now, they will show you a small window where you can select all the emojis you want and finally click on “Tweet”.
Hide the images and save data on your mobile
If you have an adjusted data rate or you prefer to save these as much as possible; you can make use of a function that Twitter has provided in its mobile application. in which, by default, all images will be hiddenso these will never load on the tweets you watch.
However, it does not mean that you will not be able to view them in any way. Since, if you enable such a function, will be added as links on which you can click to see them whenever you want.
The process to follow for this is:
- To start, press the icon of your profile picture that appears in the Start and access the option “Settings and privacy”.
- After that, look for the selection “Data Usage” which is in the General category and access it.
- Finally, press on “High quality images” and choose the option “Never” to hide them. But if you want to see them normally when you have WiFi connection, you can select “Only WiFi”.
It should be noted that you can also use the option “Data Saver” just check it to activate it. With this, you will spend less data when upload images in lower quality and prevent video clips from playing automatically.
Tag other users in a photo
In case you didn’t already know, this social platform provides the option to tag other people in the images you post. So, once you do, the other users will receive a notification as if it were a mention.
To proceed to tag whoever you want in your photos, you have to complete this procedure:
- First of all, write what you want to be displayed in the tweet and upload the image by clicking on the corresponding icon that is located in the first position of the lower bar.
- Once the image is loaded, you will see that at the bottom there is an option that prints “Tag people”which you need to click on.
- When you access this option, a new window appears with a search engine to find the users you want to tag. To do so, click on “Clever” and lastly in “Tweet”.
Save tweets to read them later
This is a beneficial feature only available on mobile. Therefore, if browsing the social network from your smartphone, you find content that interests you and that you want to read or see at a later time, Twitter itself makes it easy for you.
So, to proceed to save all the tweets you want in the mobile app, do the following:
- Access Twitter and browse the Home section or the profiles you want. So when you get the tweet you want to store, start with hit the share icon found at the bottom of each post.
- After that, you will see three options and the one that interests us at this point is the one that says “Add Tweet to Saved Items”. So, you have to click on it.
- Finally, they will issue a message that tells you that the post has been saved and you can search for it in the section “Saved Items” of the mobile application. Which is in the main menu that you see when you click on the icon of your profile image.
Post more than one image at the same time
Currently, the option to add photos and videos to this social platform has support for uploading more than one photo at a time. Being extremely simple to do, since you simply have to click on the icon to add an image and when you access the browser to select the photo, you must hold down the Control or Ctrl key from your computer, while you choose the others.
In the case of mobile, it is much simpler. In view of that, you must hold down a photo for a few secondsso that the option to select more than one is enabled and that’s it.
Subscribe to tweets from a certain account
It is very likely that you have one or a few favorite accounts on Twitter and for this reason, the platform itself has taken it upon itself to allow its users subscribe to a certain profile to receive notifications on your mobile with each post you publish.
If you want do this from the web version or from the mobile version, the steps are the same:
- Go to Twitter, find the profile you want to receive notifications from, and go to it.
- Subsequently, click on the bell iconwhich is located next to the button “To follow” either “Following” and with this, these notifications will be activated automatically.
In case, at any time, you want to stop receiving these notifications, you simply have to repeat the process. Namely, press the campaign icon again to disable it.
Pin the tweet you want to your profile
In case you want a specific tweet to appear on your profile every time it is visited, regardless of the new updates you post, the platform also has an option to pin it there.
What you have to do for this is the following:
- Access your Twitter account and enter the section “Profile”.
- After that, find the tweet you want to pin and click on the arrow that opens the drop-down menu. That is, the one in the upper right corner.
- Once you open this menu, you will see several options and the one you have to use is “Pin on your profile” which is in the second position. So from now on, that tweet will be the first one seen when they visit your profile page.
Find out in which lists other users have included you
If you are a curious Twitter user, you will surely want know which lists other people have added you to. Which can help you find out how other people see you, being very useful if you are working to increase the visibility of your brand or company, for example.
Nevertheless, if you have been included in private lists, you will not be able to see them. Well, this option only allows you to observe the public lists within which you are.
In this way, the process to know this is the following:
- Within your account, you will see a menu with various options in the Home section. Which is on the left hand side of the window. There, you have to click on the selection “lists”.
- With the above, you will be redirected to a new window where you can see all your listsif you have them.
- To know in which public list you have been included, access the section “Member” and those that exist will be shown there.
Create user lists
If you want to create user lists and configure them to your liking, either by theme or whatever you want, there is an option on this platform that allows you to do so easily. This was done so that users can access a specific list and only see the posts of the users who have added thereavoiding the noise of so many tweets.
The process to carry out for this, is the one that we present here:
- Located in the Home section, enter the selection “lists”.
- As in the previous trick, you will be redirected to a new screen where you can see all the lists there are.
- In order to create a new list, click the create a new list iconwhich is at the top on the right hand side.
- Subsequently, set a name and description to the list. Like if you want to define it as private or public.
- Finally, press on “Following” and once you have the list of users made, you will see a new option to “Add or remove from a list” in each user profile.
Customize the advertisements that the platform shows you
As in most social networks, on Twitter you can watch commercials constantly. Before which, many users had wanted to be able to customize them to their liking and for this, there are already active options.
In this sense, you must carry out the following:
- In the ad stated, press the down arrow icon to see the options menu.
- Later, among these options, access the one that says “Why am I being shown this ad?” and with it you will be redirected to a new screen.
- On the new screen, go to the option “Setting” exactly in “Customize Ads”.
- Next, choose if you want to be shown personalized ads, depending on the data that the social network has about your preferences. In addition, you can also activate or deactivate the option so that these ads are shown on all your devices.
Share your profile using a QR code
If you want to get followers and share your Twitter account easily, we recommend doing it via a QR code that the same platform gives you. Being very useful for people who have a complicated username.
In order to share it, access the side menu and click on the QR icon in the lower right corner. There, you will be able to see your QR code (unique for each account) and, in addition, make use of the scanner to follow other people with the same mechanism.
Mute a conversation whenever you want
In many situations you want mute a certain conversation on twitter, either because the participants have not stopped writing and the notifications annoy you, but you do not want to leave it. For which, there is the option to mute a conversation.
The steps to be carried out are:
- Locate yourself in the conversation in question and click on the down arrow iconwhich you will have to search the main tweet of a given conversation.
- Once the drop-down menu opens, you will see several options and you will simply have to select “Mute this conversation” and ready.
Mute specific words to not see tweets that have them
Just as you can mute conversations, too you can do it with specific words and phrases. Which has been implemented so that Twitter does not show you conversations or topics that do not interest you or bore you.
To do so, the steps are these:
- in the option “More options”access the selection “Settings and privacy”.
- Now go to the menu. “Privacy & Security” and between the category options “Security”click on “Silenced”.
- After that, press “Silenced Words” and then they will show you a message in which you must accept that you will no longer see any notifications of tweets that include the word(s).
- To add these words, click on the sign “+” in the upper right corner and enter the letter combination.
- Finally, you can adjust where you want the word not to appear and also the amount of time you want to silence it. To finally click “Save”.
Edit photos before posting from your cell phone
If you are one of the users who prefers to manage your Twitter account from the comfort of your smartphone, the social network has added its own photo editor with which you can arrange the element to your liking. Whether to crop images, add stickers, change colors, etc.
The process to follow for this is completely simple. Since, once you select the photo to share, you have to press one of the two icons that are shown in the lower right corner, before publishing it. Taking into account that the one on the face is used to include stickers and the pencil for edit the image in question.
Allow any user to send you direct messages
Usually, the social network of the little blue bird only supports the exchange of private messages when two users follow each other there. However, it offers an option that can be activated to allow anyone to send you a message of this type.
If you want to enable the function, the steps to perform are these:
- Access the Twitter configuration menu, that is, in “More options” Y “Settings and privacy”.
- After that, go to the section “Privacy & Security” and scroll down to the category of “Direct messages”.
- Once you are at that point, enable or disable the first menu option that indicates “Receive direct messages from anyone”.
It is important to point out that, if you activate this function, the private messages sent to you by users you do not follow will be shown in the section “Requests”.
Turn read receipt on private messages or DM on or off
Just like the WhatsApp instant messaging app, private messages show a blue tick that indicates their read confirmation on Twitter. In case you want enable or disable that featurethe platform offers an option for it.
The steps you will have to follow are:
- Accede to “More options” and enter the selection “Settings and privacy”.
- Now, go to “Privacy and security” and go back to the section called “Direct messages”.
- Located in that selection, you must check or uncheck the third option that prints “Show read receipts”; depending on what you want.
Download and save the data that Twitter has about you
If you are interested in obtaining all the data that this social platform stores about you, in order to observe and read them carefully and clearly understand how it collects the information, you can use an option for it. Being an absolutely useful function for brands or companies that want to increase their visibility.
From the configuration menu, perform this step by step:
- Log in to your Twitter account and in the Home section, click “More options” then enter “Settings and privacy”.
- After that, locate you in the option “Bill”.
- Within this menu, scroll to the section “Data and permissions” and enter the selection “Your Twitter data”.
- To finish and be able to download said data, enter your account password and when confirming, you can click on the button “Request data”which you will receive in the email (for this reason, the “Getting” button is shown in the image).
Adjust the types of notifications you want to receive
In order to configure the notifications you prefer to get in your account, you have to complete the following steps:
- In the main menu of your account, access the selection “Notifications”.
- After that, click the settings icon which is located in the upper right corner.
- Now proceed to set all notifications that you want to silence so that they do not reach you on the social network. You can even make adjustments around push, SMS and email notifications as well.
Search and get posts from a single location
All Twitter users can tweet a post by adding their location. That is why, either through your profile or a post in which you have placed a specific location, you can observe all the tweets that have been written in that same area. Accessing, in this way, to a screen where only said information will be observed. For which, it is also possible to use the search filters.
Use Twitter Lite for low power mobile phones
In case you didn’t know, this social network has a secondary application known as Twitter Lite. Which is considered an excellent solution to manage your platform account from your mobile, if it has little power, compared to newer devices.
It should be noted that the performance of the app is not as fluid or smooth, but is considerably optimal. Since, it adds all the options that the full version of Twitter contains, but with some flatter designs.
You can stop observing the retweets of the users you follow
One of the most common features of this social network is that you can see all the retweets made by users in the Home section of the platform. which many times can be annoying for various people who manage this social network.
This is why today there is the possibility of disable that optionso that you stop seeing these specific posts.
Next, the step by step to carry out for it:
- Enter the specific user’s profile.
- After that, click on the three horizontal points that are located on the bar where the button is “Following”.
- After that, press the option “Disable Retweets” which is in the first position and ready.
Check which apps access your data
Among other details, if what you want is to know the specific applications to which you have granted them a permit to access your personal information from the social network, Twitter also offers a selection for it.
In this sense, it is also possible override permissions to apps you don’t use or trust. This, from the following procedure:
- Access the menu of “Settings and privacy” from the “More options” alternative in the main feed.
- Later, go to “Applications” and once you click there, you can see a complete list of the apps that handle your data and right there, it is possible to override the permissions you prefer by pressing “Revoke access”.
Use the moments of the social platform
In the Home section, when entering the option “More options” you can see one indicating “Moments” in first place. If you make use of it, you can easily create a collection of tweets and images that can be yours or even belong to other Twitter users.
It should be noted that the Moments are a section established with the new update of the social network and they stand out for being a visual way to display content about a specific topic, in a more organized and attractive way. In other words, it is extremely ideal for brands or companies that create content for their clients.
Make use of filters for searches
Many times you want to find detailed information about a topic, but this becomes very complicated with the simple Twitter search engine, since it does not allow you to easily find a tweet among so many publications.
That is why, when the results of a specific search appear, you can make use of the famous search filters that this social network currently offers. Which are located on the right side of the window and you can filter the information like this by person or location.
Use the advanced search for more precise information
It is also very helpful use advanced search that you find in the menu of the three points of the search bar or also at the bottom of the search filters. Where it is possible to track by words, accounts and dates with very specific data. Thus, 11 options in total that you have at hand to get more quickly everything you want from your Twitter account.
Get someone to stop following you
Many users do not know what they can do or not do so that a certain person on this social network, stop following them and that way, they can no longer know anything about what they publish on the platform.
For this, the most simple, fast and reliable what can you do, is block that user. So, he won’t be able to get any information about you from that moment, since it’s like you completely disappeared from Twitter, but only for him.
The process to follow for this is very simple. You only have to enter the profile of the user in question, click on the three horizontal points that are in the options bar and, finally, press on “Block @XYZ”.
Send a private message to yourself
Although it may seem like a useless trick or even impossible to execute, the truth is that it is very helpful to send DM’s to yourself. Well, thanks to this possibility supported by the social platform, you’ll be able to remember certain activities to do, save an email or phone number and even not lose any link that appears on Twitter and you want to see later.
In this sense, it is enough to enter the section of “Messages” located in the main list of options. So, after that, start a new message with the indicated button and proceed to search yourself in the search bar. Finally, press on “Following”write what you want and send the DM.
See the summary of interactions of tweets and interaction rate
If you want to obtain complete information about the interactions of your tweets, you can do it from the option “Analytics” which contains the menu “More options” from the initial part of the Twitter account.
In this sense, once you access this section, you have at your hand complete data referring to the summary of your activity during the last 28 days. Where, you will see the number of interactions that your posts have received in the current month, as well as the tweets with photos that stand out from the rest, the new followers of the month and you also have options to ensure that your publications reach more users , to generate a greater reach.
Additionally, you can access the option “Tweets” from the top and get much more details regarding impressions, interactions and engagement rate. As well as finding more information about Audiences, Events, Videos and Conversation Tracking.