UPDATED ✅ Web 2.0 are those that make it easier for users to share and access information online ⭐ ENTER HERE ⭐ and learn more about the subject
One of the factors that make a web page does not reach its objectives on the Internet, it is that perhaps it is not among the minimum standards that they should offer to the public.
And as difficult as it still seems there are somewhat closed businesses on the network that have not adapted to the new generations, and to new ways of presenting information on the web.
So that For a few years, a concept has been used that explains very well what a website should have. on the Internet to be part of the best online services. That is why in this article we have prepared a short introduction to this exciting topic.
What is Web 2.0 and what is its origin on the Internet?
As novel as it may seem, the word “Web 2.0” It’s a bit of a misleading term. since it is not a substantial improvement in data transfer protocols.
This terminology became known after an O’Reilly Media conference in 2004, directed by Tim O’reilly and in open dialogue with Craig Cline and Dale Dougherty.
These characters really do honor to the concept of web 2.0, since all 3 were enterprising amateurs who supported the “Open Source” movements with all their might. But then what does this intriguing concept really mean?
Web 2.0 referred to the enrichment and exponential growth that virtual communities were having, thanks to new business models that were barely booming.
In said conference it was emphasized that Adsense was part of this new stage of the Internet, which is very true since it contributes to the enrichment of the communities in the network.
A web 2.0 It is a win/win business model. because when the user does a search he finds exactly what he is looking for and leaves satisfied. And the one who was in charge of placing the appropriate information, also receives a small help for the service provided. This could be interpreted as feedback.
That is why in that 2004 conference emphasis was placed on the importance of “Longtail” on web 2.0.
This concept, known by seo experts, encompasses very well what was explained above, that is, a blog or website increases its level of positioning while improving the lives of its users. Basically a Web 2.0 is an application or Internet site that allows the author and the user to interact and collaborate together. to meet its objectives, allowing feedback in every way.
The other examples of this type of sites or applications will be known a little further down in this article.
Services and uses What is web 2.0 for?
Most of Web 2.0 includes or implies that there is a good interaction between the users and the authors of each of them. The services range from being able to respond with comments and opinions about what you are seeing on the site, to being able to contribute with your knowledge to improve the environment you are visiting.
Now we will see some of the sites that provide services considered 2.0 on the Internet, in order to understand this broad field:
- cms: content management systems are a clear example of what web 2.0 is, since they offer the opportunity to become an author, and also to interact with the contents of the different web pages created. The best known CMS are WordPress, Blogger, Jimdo, Wix, among others.
Apart from the CMS there are other websites that allow the user to upload and share content for pure pleasure and even vocation, examples of these we have Youtube, Tumblr, Pinterest, Flickr.
- Social networks: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and many others. This point is explained only because we all know the level of interaction that these platforms allow to generate between users.
An important point that has been booming are the sites that serve to find remote and face-to-face jobs, these can be, Linkedin, Freelancer, Workana, and Fiveer.
- Wiki: These are the gigantic virtual encyclopedias, which are enriched as their users voluntarily decide to upload and update the content.
- Multimedia creation services: There are web pages that offer services for creating and editing videos, photos, infographics, presentations, for example, we have Prezi, Canvas, Mindmeister.
All those websites that allow you to set up your virtual businesses or manage investments are part of this type of website, for example, Amazon, Ebay, Paypal, Skrill, Forex, Adsense, Shopify, Wish.
- In a last group we can include all those websites that allow access to free and paid courses on high quality topics, for example, Khan Academy, Udemy or Duolingo.
All these websites allow us to satisfy our needs as users of the network and at the same time promote our skills and sell our products and services on it.
What are the main characteristics of a web 2.0?
Now we will see the characteristics that allow a website to be enhanced to the 2.0 level:
Simplicity and simplicity
Both in the structure at the code level and in the design and location of each of the information items, simplicity must be included. This allows the user to find what they are looking for without distractions, In addition to that, a simple design increases the loading speed of the site.
This also includes a search bar so that the person can quickly navigate and find the information on the site.
Topics should be focused on a specific point and keep that direction all the time. Thus achieving that the user attends our calls to action at the time of a conversion or sale.
A very important factor is that it must be able to work perfectly on any platform, be it a computer, mobile or tablet. As well as in the different operating systems Windows, Mac OS, Linux, Android and iOS.
that it is possible to interact
One of the most important points of a web 2.0 is that it allows the user to interact with the creators, as well as with the services of the page. That’s why must include contact information with the respective social networks, emails and payment methods, in case of purchases.
How good is web 2.0? Pros and cons
The advantages of this type of pages are many for both the user and the author of the site, Let’s see some of them:
- It is very easy and fun for them to develop their favorite projects and reach the masses quickly.
- It increases the chances of succeeding in promoting your products and services.
It opens new fields of communication and creates new business opportunities.
For the users:
- Encourages learning.
- It increases the personal development of those who know how to take advantage of this type of page.
- Users have access to only the best information and the best services, eliminating the risks of virtual scams.
But, as all services are not perfect The great advantages that Web 2.0 has creates some problems for human beings:
- The collective intelligence with which many things are raised on the Internet may cause lack of responsibility on the part of the authorswhich can trigger poor quality content on the Internet.
- Due to the gigantic community that makes daily life in these sites, the information is so much that it can be difficult to absorb, which It can generate saturation and consumption of valuable user time.
- With so much bombardment of information, daily many human beings tend to isolate themselves of the truly important things and neglect their social life away from the screens.
- Another of the most common problems that authors of valuable content face is that since everything is open source, practically any malicious person can profit from your knowledge by selling or duplicating it on other sites.
What programming languages are used to create this type of portals and websites?
The structure of a Web 2.0 under the curtain it is not at all different from a normal Web. Let’s get to know the languages that give life to a web 2.0:
It works with asynchronous technology and allows communication with the server for the exchange of information, usually encrypted.
The PHP language, usually accompanied by HTML, allows web pages to have a dynamic design that is adaptable to the new requirements of society.
It is a multiplatform language with a very clean syntax that allows developers to give a correct structure to an Internet site.
This is one of the most universal languages that can exist and in the field of the Internet, it allows sites to have better communication with the environment in which they are hosted.
It is the language that gives a solid structure to Internet sites and allows developers and seo experts to boost your page to reach the top.
It is a language that is responsible for managing the graphic part of a website, in order to generate an impact on the public and make them visit the site more often.