Without a doubt, today, Windows 10 it is one of the most widely used operating systems in the world. However, Windows 8 is still the main solution for many users who choose to make use of the benefits that this OS provides, so far. Considering that it has the ability to offer remarkable efficiency, regardless of hardware performance.
Added to that, it consists of a version of Windows that has its own antimalware program and allows you to create a network VPN easily, so guarantees great security. And if that was not enough, is highly customizable, has compatibility with external devices and allows you to use your terminal from different commands.
Therefore, if you are an advanced or professional user of Windows 8, it is best to use the terminal of this operating system in order to carry out tasks in a fast and flexible way. For this reason, below, we will let you know what are the commands to run programs in W8 from your console.
What are the benefits of running a program from the Win8 terminal?
Although it is true, the terminal or Windows console, named "command prompt", consists of an application that is used in Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 and Windows Server to run commands MS-DOS and others (such as scripts, formatted .bat and .sys). Which is similar to the Linux terminal and runs in text mode. For its part, it is considered a suitable utility for all those average or professional users to carry out tasks in a faster way in the operating system.
Since, it exhibits its potential at the time of perform repetitive tasks, to manage some components and to access certain system information that is not otherwise available. Now, beyond its flexibility and efficiency, the Windows 8 terminal also provides other benefits when you want to run a program from there.
Among them, we point out the following advantages of great interest:
- It's easy to automate. Given that, just by making use of some texts, it offers the possibility of executing a specific function in a totally fast way. This, joining several commands in one forming scripts.
- Requires few resources. Thanks to this console in W8 it is handled only with text, it does not require a great deal of processing and for that reason, it requires few resources to fulfill any requested task. Which guarantees time savings as well.
- It is powerful and sober. When running different programs and solutions from the terminal W8, you can get the great functionality of this utility as easily as possible. Which means, it is very powerful.
Complete list of all commands to run programs in Windows 8
In the computing environment, a command is defined as an element that has the ability to issue a certain order which will be interpreted and processed by technological language in order to establish an optimal level of interaction with the team. In other words, in a nutshell, refers to an instruction that the user provides to a computer system. Now, in order to use the commands that allow you to run programs in Win 8, it is necessary to access the famous terminal of this operating system.
Which can be done with just type "command prompt" directly in the general search box of Windows 8. Once this is done, you will be able to visualize a text interface very similar to MS-DOS. Being so, a command line that supports communication with the computer, directly, to carry out a series of tasks.
Taking into account that its operation is based on: Enter the command and wait for the application to interpret it to obtain its execution. Having said the above, in addition to highlighting that win8 terminal it is customizable in design, it is also worth highlighting which are the most important commands to run programs in this operating system.
Here we provide the corresponding list:
- Assoc: Basically, it is a command that deals with show and modify file extension associations. Noting that, most of the Windows they are associated with a certain program set to open the file, by nature.
- Chkdsk: It is a utility that verifies the status of a HDD, volume or partition and presents a fully detailed status report. Additionally, it finds bad sectors, recovers information and fixes disk errors.
- Driverquery: It is an element that has the ability to list all the device drivers found on the machine, detailing its name, its type and the date of the link or directory where it is installed. In order to avoid their elimination or bad installation, which is considered a constant source of problems.
- Help: Consists of a command that, specifically, focuses on present each and every command available on the console, through a listing. Also, if you use the combination "Help + command name", will show essential data about that command.
- Ipconfig: This is a network command that reports the actual TCP / IP network settings. Additionally, update the protocol configuration DHCP and the domain name system (DNS).
- Netsh: Has the ability to modify, manage, and diagnose network settings. It even offers numerous options making use of its modifiers; so it is considered one of the most advanced commands.
- Netstat: Default, displays a list of active connections for a machine (incoming and outgoing). It also takes care of displaying detailed statistics about the network and makes it easy to view diagnostics.
- Powercfg: If you want to acquire an energy management of the equipment, in an agile way, this command is recommended. Since, view power saving, sleep or hibernation states. It also provides a detailed report of the power consumption of the Pc and it has a modifier that analyzes the use of a laptop battery, its capacity, its recharge cycles and its state of charge.
- Sfc: It is responsible for inspecting the integrity of absolutely all system files that are protected. Also, check which files are damaged and which are missing, plus automatically replaces them with system cached copies. It even replaces the wrong versions with the correct ones from the system.
- Shutdown: This is a command that has endless modifiers to achieve schedule shutdown or reboot, logout, and force shutdown of applications, in a given time. In addition, it is used to demonstrate an unexpected closure of Win8.
- Systeminfo: Provides reports about installed processor, memory RAM physical and virtual, both used and available, the motherboard manufacturer, the BIOS, the version of the operating system used and the updates you install. It also provides data on the configuration of the SW from a local team or remote.