One of the most disputed topics on the internet will always be about which is the best browser, and despite all the evidence you can find on different pages it is good that you review the results more recent and above all you have your own criteria .
That is why in this article we can observe in a very partial way, how 4 browsers perform in different aspects and in the end we will have a clear notion of which one is the best .
Comparison of performance between Opera, Edge, Chrome and Firefox browsers in Windows 10
Next we will do a series of performance tests , along with a simple comparison between the 4 computers we have chosen, and in these tests you can arbitrarily evaluate the speed of code decompression , and cryptography.
The first test is responsible for giving us a result of overall performance , evaluated in score, all the processes that each of the browsers perform when make a call to the proxy and load a web page.
Cryptography decompression rate is evaluated, as we can clearly see:
- The test winner is Google Chrome with a result of 9858
- Followed by Mozilla Firefox with 9474.
- In third place is Opera with a score of 9134
- Finally Microsoft Edge with a weighting of 8134
Although the difference at the graphic level is not so noticeable, if you can see the great disadvantage that Microsoft Edge has , which many presume to be the best browser both in performance , as in speed.
We can also see that Mozilla Firefox , which is touching the heels of Google Chrome, is gradually increasing its potential and its number of users , on the other Next we have the Navigator operates which, despite being little known, is very well positioned in this list.
If you want to take this test by your own means this is the link that you must access. But despite everything, it is still too early to make a judgment so let’s continue with the next test.
Kraken benchmark test
That is why, on this occasion, the one with the highest weighting, means that it took more time to perform the test and that browser with less weight was faster performing the test.
Therefore, this graph is measured from least to greatest, the results are as follows:
- First of all we have Mozilla Firefox with 2680 milliseconds in duration
- Secondly we have Google Chrome with 2744 milliseconds for a very short time
- Followed by Opera with 3289 milliseconds
- Finally last place is Microsoft Edge with 4558 milliseconds
As we can see Firefox is able to beat Chrome in this test , which indicates that it has potential. On the other hand, Opera and Microsoft Edge are in the last positions and have to improve in certain aspects so as not to be left behind. If you want to take this test by your own means this is the link that you must access.
Test Suns spider benchmark
To everyone’s surprise, this time we have first place:
- Microsoft Edge which had a time of 373 milliseconds
- Followed by Mozilla Firefox with 609 milliseconds
- Thirdly we have Google Chrome with 660 milliseconds
- Last place, Opera with 782 milliseconds
From this test we can extract the fact that once again Google Chrome is below Mozilla Firefox, which partially suggests that this can also be overcome. From Opera we can say that if you want to win More users and become as recognized as the other 3, has to improve in several aspects. If you want to take this test by your own means this is the link that you must access.
Jet Stream Test
In this other test page that turns out to be homologous with Octane we can measure in score, the vast majority of the processes performed on each computer, it is a more complete test and therefore the longest of all , therefore the results are very distant from each other.
This particular test has a lot of weight when making the final judgment:
- At the end of the test, Google Chrome is placed first with 423 points
- Then we have Mozilla Firefox with 402
- In third place is Opera with 370 points
- In the last position is Microsoft Edge with 365 points
If you want to take this test by your own means this is the link you must enter.
Test Canvas Mark 2013
This particular test is responsible for measuring the ability to open and reproduce any type of visual content on each computer, for that purpose they use different vectors, bitmaps and various objects and images in animation >, this time we have our own criteria to know which one is the best.
Test results: Because although the one that generated the highest score in this test was Microsoft Edge with 6764, it was the one that took the longest time to complete the test. test, while others with lower scores were faster, then we must establish in our mind the relationship between quality and time and decide what we prefer as users.
The following weights are: Mozilla Firefox with 4670 , then Chrome with 3529 and finally we have Opera with 3497 . If you want to take this test by your own means this is the link you should go to try it.
It is a test of compliance with standards, to verify the potential of syntax in a language as basic for web browsing as it is HTML5, it is a very simple test, the results below.
- We have the best position for Opera with 509 points
- Followed by Microsoft Edge 489
- Then Mozilla Firefox with 478
- Finally Google Chrome with 478
Apparently in this type of thing browsers are all impeccable and the results are very similar, I only highlight Opera with a slight advantage. If you want to do this test by your own means this is the link that you must access to do the test yourself.
This is another test of compliance with standards, with which we can measure the ability of browsers to support specific features, and in this test we can see how browsers struggle to pass 2412 different tests that represent a 100%.
Therefore, according to the number of tests passed or, rather, of supported features, will give us a result in percentage , and this will be the one that we will show you in the graph. Already if you want to search for a specific property, access the link and do the test yourself and below find all the characteristics evaluated and which were passed and which were not. If you want to take this test by your own means this is the link that you must access.
The results are as follows:
- First Mozilla Firefox with 66%
- Followed by Chrome and
- Operate with 64%
- Last with a low percentage this Edge with 40%
CPU and RAM Consumption Test < / h3>
To perform this last test we have used the Windows task manager, in which you can see exactly the data consumption of each application used.
What we have done is to open 4 tabs in each browser and we have started playing different videos in each of them simultaneously , so that we could throw the data having an average consumption of data.
As for CPU for some reason, consumption gives us these numbers:
- Opera surpasses everyone by a good amount
- Only Google Chrome is close by.
- On the other hand, the consumption of Microsoft Edge and Mozilla Firefox is almost null
As for RAM we can see that the consumption of Chrome is higher than all others , and this explains why when we open it, other processes on the computer can be slowed down, the Lighter browser is certainly Microsoft Edge .
But it should be noted that Google Chrome although it has a high consumption in RAM was one of the fastest when playing the 4 videos of the test.
In conclusion and evaluating all the results:
- Firefox is almost surpassing Chrome in various aspects
- followed by Opera which is a browser with a lot of potential and although it consumes much more in CPU, it has many new and useful functions that are worth Worth the expense.
- For Microsoft Edge we must say that he has a long way to go to overcome his opponents.
* Note: I invite you to do the tests on your own so you can improve your judgment regarding this controversial issue, what results did you get in the different tests? Leave them in the comments!