Previously mobile devices had a native radio application included in their system which could be used without the need to have a Internet connection or make use of the data. However, this has been eliminated in the new equipment of the telephone operators such as Samsung, LG, Xiaomi , among others.
Therefore, by not having this native application on the Smartphone, users are forced to search for applications in Android and iPhone mobile stores that allow to listen to the radio for free and offline.
That is why here we are going to explain which are the best apps in the offline station market that you can install on your mobile phone to enjoy this service completely free.
What are the advantages of listening to your radio station offline? without using phone data?
Today, not all users of mobile phones have unlimited data plans or a wireless Internet connection all the time. In the same way, you do not always have the opportunity to download songs to the terminal, which prevents the user from listening to music from the device .
However, there are already native applications on the device that allow to listen to the stations without any problem, and when these are not included you can download some radio apps that will allow you to do this.
It is important to keep in mind that some telephone companies decide to disable the frequency chip or receiver in their equipment , whether for economic reasons or not. Despite this there are applications capable of playing different stations on your mobile without using Internet or data .
Also, being able to have an app of this type will bring you certain advantages:
- It allows you to be informed of the latest news.
- Listen to music whenever you want.
- You can listen to your favorite stations while doing any other activity.
- Be able to participate in the different social programs made in some radio programs, either by calling to give your opinions, ideas, advice and answers.
- Get a wider audience of the radio frequency channels.
List of the 5 best FM radio apps without internet for devices Android and iPhone
Android Smartphone are mainly characterized by being compatible with a large number of applications, which makes searching for them much easier. On the contrary, it happens with the case of iOS terminals, where the use of apps is a bit more restricted.
However, here we are going to show you what are the best apps you can find for both your Android and iPhone mobile and install them on your computer to start enjoying this service.
Radio Vox – Live stations
With Vox you can start accessing more than 30,000 live news or music stations and anywhere in the world without having to have a Internet connection. The app is available for iOS mobiles and is characterized by a very advanced interface and features that will help you have the best experience.
There you can select the country you want to listen to and the genres , because the station is categorized by countries. In addition, it allows you to search for any channel of available countries radio, features a dark theme design and an improved EQ configuration.
NextRadio – FM Radio
NextRadio has become one of the most downloaded applications on Android , it gives you the possibility to start listening your local FM stations from your smartphone offline . Being a free app contains ads that can be annoying for its users.
Among its most outstanding functions we find that it allows you to listen to the different channels in two different ways if the terminal contains the activated FM receiver chip , if so you have the possibility to listen to the local channels that you they will help save the phone’s battery and the second listen to them in times of emergency, that is, when the signals of the operators are falls or you are working.
Tuneln gives you the possibility to listen to your favorite AM / FM stations from your Smartphone without Internet and at the time you want it. It currently has more than 100,000 active stations worldwide , where you can listen to news and your favorite songs.
This application is completely free, but it also has a Premium version with which you can get more benefits and gives you the ability to remove ads from the app . It has sports stations like ESPN, international news such as the BBC, allows you to select your country of origin to listen only to local channels, among many others functions.
You can say that Spirit FM is one of the most popular apps on the Android system , you can download it for free and Start listening to your favorite news, sports and music stations. Also, you can listen to all this completely live and offline.
You also have the opportunity to listen to the most popular radio programs, as well as news about traffic in your city , listen to live music, enter at Free sections of the application, among many other functions that you will find inside the app once it is downloaded.
RadioDeck – Your Radio
Finally, we present this application that is available for iOS devices , where you will have the opportunity to listen and record those songs that you like the most the radio and also you can use it anywhere since it can be used in offline.
In addition, you can customize and improve your experience in the app with the different tools offered by the program and listen to the different radio stations around the world, where you will find channels from all musical genres, as well as informative and sports.
How to activate FM radio on Android and iOS?
Being able to activate radio stations on your Android and iOS device is a very simple task to perform, especially if we want to start using these apps and be able to listen to news and music without the need to have data or be connected to a wireless network.
In order to activate this it will be necessary to follow these steps:
- First of all, it is necessary to have the developer option activated on the Smartphone.
- If it is not active you will have to go to the < strong> “Settings” of the mobile.
- Then select “Developer options” and check that box.
- It is also recommended to install an Apk reader, for this we simply enter Google and place “Reader apk” and download the file on your computer and then install it.
- Now you will have to find the app you want to install to carry out this.
- Once downloaded and installed that application, you will simply have to enter it and you will automatically start listening your favorite channels from your Smartphone.
What other alternatives do we have to listen to music and radio on the mobile or tablet?
Another of the ways we can use to listen to music and preferred stations directly on the mobile is by using some media players or music applications for Smartphone, they give you the possibility to listen to the preferred radio stations at any time.
However, many of them require Internet or data connection in order to function properly. In this way, here are some of the alternatives we can consider to carry out this.
- Wimamp: If you really like to be listening to music from your mobile phone and listen to radio stations then you can start enjoying this player multimedia, which includes a very complete library of songs and videos that you can download to your computer so you can listen to them offline . In addition, it has a equalizer, playlist, format converter, among many other functions.
- Google Play Music: A way to start Search your favorite songs, artists and your favorite stations immediately , it also does not have advertising which becomes a great advantage, it allows you to create your own playlists and listen to your favorite songs without an internet connection . You can also download songs from your computer and then listen to them streaming from your terminal.
- Apple Music: A service of streaming music available for iOS smartphones that gives you the ability to listen to your favorite music at any time. It stands out mainly for offering more than 50 million songs of all genres and does not have commercials. In addition, you can use this tool without needing to be online.
- Spotify Premium : It has become one of the applications of music in Most popular streaming of recent times, where it offers its users a very large library of music of all genres that they can listen to offline from their Smartphone.