The system of the Intel and AMD processors is very developed today. Both are important brands in the market. Intel is an American circuit maker, integrated by Robert Noyce and Gordon Moore. Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. better known as AMD, is the second manufacturer that is characterized by offering processors of a great relationship between quality and price by a group of executives: Jerry Sanders, Edwin Turney, John Carey , Steven Simonsen and Jack Gifford.
These computers are usually practical for the public of players. In addition, they are processors looking for new ways to continue developing products for PC players and continue to grow in the technology and gaming industry. Although its niche goes much further, since they are also the hearts of professional teams for designers, producers and a wide range.
In this article we will talk about features and ranges of INTEL and AMD processors. Innovations in computer technology, as well as the name of the processors that implement it, will help us choose what processor suits us best for our needs. Do not be discouraged, here we will explain the details of each of them and the most important to work on any project, whether business or videogames, that may interest you.
Features and ranges of INTEL processors
INTELs are characterized by based mainly on the use of other computer components such as RAM and video cards or GPUs . This allows them to maintain some stability in their functions and not force themselves to run programs or applications that are too demanding.
In addition, they have an integrated air cooling system, which helps you avoid hardware damage due to overheating. A fundamental aspect that must always be taken into account with these and any other type of processor are its architectures .
Throughout its history, this brand has launched several of them that we mentioned below:
- Conroe and Wolfdale: In 2006 their new Core2 duo processor technology was born for the first time. It was then that the launch name “conroe” started in four different versions. Intel would replace these with revised versions (4MB L2) known as E6420 and E6320. Conroe 65 nm was very similar to the originals, with the exception of higher speed.
- Kentsfield and Yorkfield: Its predecessor, Yorkfield multi-chip modules come in two sizes. The smaller version is equipped with 6MB LMB cache, and is usually called Yorkfield-6M. The larger version is equipped with 12 MB of L2 cache.
- Nehalem : Nehalem-based microprocessors use the 45 nm process, operate at higher clock speeds and are more energy efficient than Penryn microprocessors. In addition, with a reduction in the size of the L2 cache, as well as an L3 cache.
- Sandy Bridge: An Intel Core i7, i5, i3 processor. The micro architecture is the heiress of the Nehalem micro architecture.
- Ivy Bridge: It is from the third generation Intel Core i7, i5, i3. It is also a 22-nanometer manufacturing process.
- Haswell: Developed by INTEL as the fourth generation successor. In addition, it uses a 22 nm process, it also has low power processors.
- Broadwell : Some of the processors based on Broadwell’s micro architecture are marketed as i3 processors , i5 and i7 fifth generation Core. The H and C variants of Broadwell are used together with the Intel 9 series chipsets (Z97, H97 and HM97), in addition to preserving.
- Skylake: It is the latest platform Intel, publicly Windows prior to Windows 10, although there are modifications. Some of the micro architecture based processors are marketed as Core6.
- Kaby Lake: It is the first Intel platform that lacks compatibility with Windows prior to Windows 10. In addition , Windows 8.1.
- Coffee Lake: Intel released Core i3, i5, i7, Pentium Gold, Celeron desktop CPUs, the first Core i7 and i9 mobile CPUs.
- Coffee Lake refresh: The ninth to avoid thermal problems at high speeds, and their phones are i7, i9 and i5.
Las Gamas de INTEL
Another important aspect that defines the power of the processor is its range, which ranges from the first generation of Pentium, to the newest ninth generation with the i9.
Here are all the ranges:
- Core 2 Duo: It is a range of dual core 2 × 2 MCM multichip CPU. In addition, I improve the use of the speed and energy processor. It is good for old games.
- Core 2 Quad: It is a desktop-only range and has a 45 W high power server. Its latest model is Core 2 Quad QX9775.
- Celeron: It is a low-cost microprocessor, it does the same functions, but its performance is lower. It also works at the same level as other processors with advanced videogames applications, video editing, etc.
- Pentium : It is a range that was distributed in speeds between 60 and 200 MHz. had something shocking in the economic part.
- Core i3: It is a range with good powerful performance, improved productivity, smooth streaming and HD entertainment.
- Core i7: It is a range that provides good quality, power and capacity.
- Core i7 and Core i9 Extreme : They are a range that certainly the fastest CPU in tasks.
Features and ranges of AMD processors
To start talking about them, we must define that these are not processors, but microprocessors that work with a multidirectional bus that allows a much more efficient communication between the chipset and the processor itself.
In addition, they are also composed of a logical arithmetic unit, and depending on the range of the same, can contain a floating point unit that facilitates processing . Finally, we must emphasize that these could be considered more powerful since they do not depend so much on other components such as GPU units and RAMs , although it is always good to have them.
As for the architectures, we can identify the following for AMD equipment:
- Ryzen 3: They are designed to offer superior computing performance and high performance. It offers you a quick utility for jobs or games.
- Ryzen 5: These are processors with 6 and 4 cores that compete directly with the Intel i5 and even some versions of the Core i7.
- Ryzen 7: Superior performance and extraordinary technology. Models that compete directly with the Intel i5 and even some i7 versions.
- Ryzen 2000 Series: Some of the most important improvements they have: Reduction of the manufacturing process to 12 nm . Increase in working frequencies. Reduction in cache memories.
As for the ranges of each of its processors, we can identify several of them that compete directly with those of Intel.
Here we mention each of them:
- Athlon 64 X2: It is a range that can process several tasks and its benefit is superior. In addition, its architecture is 64 bits.
- Phenom II: It is a range that has a dual processor and also includes a chipset.
- Athlon: It’s a range of good performance and its x86 architecture. In addition, it was a success, not only for qualities and its low price compared to the competition, but also for Intel’s production problems.
- APU: It is a range for Modern technologies with platform offers incredible performance. In games it only offers superior gaming performance than a competitive processor with a graphics card.
- AMD FX 4000: It is a range with surprising performance with a power 95W and 32nm technology.
- AMD FX 6000 : It is a high quality processor with an operating speed of 3.6 y4, 2 GHs. It is manufactured with a 32 nanometer manufacturing process.
- AMD FX 8000-9000: Good performance and fast memory.
- Ryzen 3, Ryzen 5, Ryzen 7: These have greater performance and capacity .
- Threadripper 1000 and 2000: They are better in performance, power and price range.
Equivalences of AMD and INTEL h3>
If you want to know what are the models of each equivalent range between each of the brands, then we show you in great detail.
- Core 2 Duo: They are old the most used model is i3. With a low speed. They will stand out and beat the Athlon 64 X2.
- Core 2 Quad: Work with performance and good frequency. Its equivalent is the Phenom II X4.
- Intel Core x00 series: It is superior and has no complications. It works with Core i3 530, Core i5 750, Core i7. Equivalent to AMD Phenom II X6.
- Intel Core 7000: They have a change in performance, but surpass the Ryzen in IPC.
- Intel Core 8000: They perform better and better than the previous version.
- Intel Core 9000: It will be the next generation of Intel processors. It will work with a base frequency of 3.6 GHZ.
- Intel Extreme and Threadripper Generations: These processors have a higher IPC than Core Extreme and Broadwell-E.
What is the best Intel or AMD option?
In our opinion both are good, everything depends on the user’s needs. AMDs are a great product with their Ryzen brand processors with high performance . In addition, they rely heavily on their low prices. Its energy is lower, they heat up faster, it is not very fast and better multimedia.
Meanwhile, INTEL is known for being efficient, for its price range it is preferred, for its speed, its cooling systems and for its speed, although they are not good for video games and its performance is very effective. Therefore, when choosing a processor, you must choose well to give it proper use .
If you are an entrepreneur who needs a fast and efficient team, Intel is undoubtedly your best option. In addition, this range of processors is much more practical, so they are more common in portable equipment , which guarantees you greater convenience to transport it and take it with you to all your business trips.
So the choice of each of them is in you and what you want to do with the computer on duty. Both will offer you excellent performance as long as you understand their limits .