It is time to have a control of the work tools. For many people it is difficult to work keeping an exhaustive record of what they do, in this article we will show you what you can achieve with a .XLSX file extension, which in itself is the fundamental piece of what we know by Excel.
For all those people who like to work in an orderly manner, a file with an .XLSX extension fits perfectly so that you can keep order in your company or entrepreneurship, in addition, for personal use.
Here you will find the complete information of what is a file with extension .XLSX and how to obtain it in your computer or Smartphone , a short list of applications that you can use with this type of files and how to convert a .XLSX file to one of lower rank as is XLS.
What is it and what are files used for? XLSX?
Files with the .XLSX extension are the fundamental piece of Microsoft Excel, with them you can put together spreadsheets to keep track of an infinity of exponent things .
The reality is that this .XLSX file is an improved version of Microsoft Excel 2007 , with functionalities improved to its previous model .XLS. The main difference between one and the other is that the latter is quite heavy, which of course does not happen with its most current version of the file .
There will always be improvements, but for now this is the most current, and is excellent in fulfilling complicated mathematical tasks and other more everyday functions such as carrying several spreadsheets in the same document . Multiple instruments can be used in it as data sources or entire accounting books.
How to open and mount image files .XLSX on Smartphones or computers?
To open .XLSX files on Smartphones or computers, you only need the right tools, for each of them there is a key way to activate. We will show you below how to open the files on the main devices.
On Windows PC:
To use this file or open links with spreadsheets, there is Microsoft 2019. This brings with it an excellent and promising Excel with a memorized extension .XLSX. To use it just go to the Microsoft tray, choose the one that says “Microsoft Excel” and press the button that says “Open”. After this you should be able to view the document.
This program also gives you the possibility to create documents with extension .XLSX from scratch. What you just have to do is simply open it from the list of Windows programs and then click on “Blank book”. After that you will see a blank excel sheet that you can fill out with the information you need to register.
On Mac computers
To open spreadsheets on a Mac you need an external application since it does not have Microsoft packages because it is part of another company.
One of the best recommended applications on the web, is iCloud Drive , which allows you to do much more than just open the programs because with it you can edit, create and calculate as you would in Excel . To use it you just have to press right click and in the list of options you will see the one that mentions “open with”, look for the application in your list and press double clip to access its use.
On Android mobile phones
On an Android phone it is necessary to use an application, for this there are many today that can access a spreadsheet including Excel 2019, an App to open sheets with .XLSX extensions. You can download it from Play Store easily , and you don’t need a lot of memory capacity to get it, all this thanks to the current version of .XLSX.
When you already have the App for spreadsheet files just press twice and it will almost automatically open. To say that there is also the free version that is the one we leave in the link, although the Pro version is much more complete and functional
On iPhone devices with iOS
Like the previous two you need an App to access a spreadsheet on an iPhone, search among the many that exist in the App Store the closest in 2019 and download according to the description which you like it more . We leave you an option:
Double-click, when it is already downloaded, on the document and you will be able to access to view , edit or create files with an .XLSX extension.
In addition to the apps that we mentioned in each of the devices mentioned above, there are many more that also have the ability to edit, create and read XLSX files with amazing ease.
So that you have several alternatives we will present 5 of the best ones.
- Google Sheets : is an application that works online and you don’t need to have Microsoft to use it. As in a Microsoft Excel, you can create spreadsheets as you wish, as well as edit or open from a link. The difference between using this App and the Office tool, is that one works with internet from Google Drive and the other does not need online access. To access there is a single requirement and it is to have a Google account with which you can open Google Drive .
- Office edition for Chrome: with this You don’t need to have the office package at all. With it you can enter documents that you have already made in Excel office, but it is not necessary to have it installed to be able to access . In addition, you can use all the tools in a spreadsheet and at the same time you can save the changes or the document on your computer or Google Drive if you wish.
- Onlyoffice Personal Extension p for Google Drive: This is one of the few spreadsheet tools that allows you to send your .XLSX files to all the spaces that the cloud gives you, such as Mega, Yandrex, Onedrive , dropbox, among many others.
- Calc of ThinkFree Office : This is a web application that has the ability to create, read and edit XLSX files freely as if from Excel itself be. What makes it special is that it has an entire virtual office where you can organize all your files and keep them secured in the cloud.
- Numbers : This is the Mac version to the Office spreadsheets. It is completely free and it is very easy to create, edit or read XLSX from its interface.
How to convert a .XLSX file to .XLS or any other format?
This is a fundamental point. Although .XLSX files are better than .XLS because of the weight of memory each of them have, there are documents that work much better with .XLS extensions, although you most likely have an old version of Excel that only reads The oldest version of these files. That’s why I’ll show you how to change a file with an .XLSX extension to one .XLS .
There is a page that works great to transform these files specifically. The first thing you should do is have the file on your computer or Smartphone, then you must go to this web page which is basically a page to transform an XLSX document to an XLS document. There, load the file and press transform, wait a few minutes and it will be ready.
You are ready to use and create files with an .XLSX extension , don’t miss the opportunity to use the best spreadsheet tool in the world and keep track of what you do.