This app of instant messaging has become one of the best options for all those work teams looking for a space where they can share information in a safe way.
In addition, it is characterized by offering very advanced options and reminders which will be very useful for everyone, as this will help the channel and the members avoid various things being overlooked.
Power schedule a reminder in a Slack workspace It is very important for everyone, especially because it is a fairly simple procedure and which we are going to teach you next.
Learn step-by-step how to add reminders in Slack to do tasks later
The procedure for add a reminder in Slack it is quite simple so it can be used by any member of the application.
This is how below we show you in detail each of the steps you must follow to do so:
Create a reminder for yourself
- If you are using the Slack app from your computer, then you must select the lightning bolt icon on the left of the message field to open the shortcut menu.
- In the drop-down menu that appears there you must select the option “Set a reminder”.
- Then you must click on the field of “When” what can you set a date for.
- Now you must open the menu of the “Time” so you can select the reminder time.
- Then you must establish the “Description” In this field you must enter the text of the reminder so when it is activated you can see the task that you must perform.
- Finally you must click on the option “Create” to finish the procedure.
- Finally, it should be mentioned that the procedure for create a reminder From a mobile device It is basically the same, so you will have no problem when carrying out this procedure on another device.
Create a reminder for a channel or someone
You may have to create a reminder for some reason to other person or for the channel, either because another of the team members he has to do an important activity and you want to make sure he doesn’t forget it.
In these cases you must use the / remember command, to do this follow the steps that we are going to teach you below:
- Again you must locate yourself in the chat of one of the users and click on the lightning bolt icon to open the shortcut menu.
- When the menu has been displayed you must click on the search bar and there you must type /remember. Once it appears you must select it.
- Now in the message field you must enter your reminder data according to the following format:
/recordar [@alguien o #canal] [qué] [cuándo].
- The next thing will be to send your message so you can schedule the reminder. For it Slackbot will send a reminder in a direct message to the person you chose or will publish a message directly on the channel you have selected.
Schedule a reminder from a text message
It is also possible to program a reminder for you from any slack message. For it Slackbot will send you a reminder of the message at the time you have chosen.
To carry out this, you will need to perform the following steps:
- The first thing you should do is hover over the message.
- There you must select the three dots icon so that the menu of “More actions.”
- In the drop-down menu that appears there you must to select the item of “Remind me of this.”
- In the window that opens you must choose a period from the list or you can choose the option of “Personalize” and thus establish the period that you want.
Other actions in Slack to remind you of important tasks or comments on your team
As already mentioned in the post, Slack is characterized by offering very important tools and functions, this is how it will also help you remember important tasks or comments in your workspace, this will prevent you from overlooking something.
That is why here we show you other actions that you can easily remember, for this follow in detail everything that we will teach you below:
Save important messages
You will have the opportunity to create a to-do list with only save important messages and files that may require your attention at any time. In this way, users can take advantage of this functionality to be able to keep track of the elements with which they have to work.
Keep in mind that when you save a message, any reply to a thread that has been added. When uploading a file to an added message, you will be able to choose if you want to save only the message or only the file or both.
The procedure to see the saved items is very simple, for this you just have to go to the left sidebar and there you must select the option “Saved items”, while to be able to save your important messages you must follow these steps:
- Locate the message you want to save and hover your mouse cursor over it.
- In the options that appear there, click on the icon “Save”.
Mark as unread
Another option it offers you Slack is that it will allow you to mark messages as Unread. You have to keep in mind when you receive a message and access it automatically, it will be displayed as read, either in a channel or a direct message.
But luckily, the application will allow you to change this preference and that way you will be able to select any of the following options:
- Show you the most recent unread message and bookmark the conversation as read.
- Start at the last message you viewed and mark the conversation as read.
- Start at the most recent message and leave unread unread.
Taking this into account, now we are going to explain how can you change this preference and mark the message as unread.
To do this, follow each of these steps:
- Once you have defined the message that you are going to mark as Unread you must keep it pressed.
- In the options that appear there select “Mark as unread”, in this way both the selected message and all the messages that are sent afterwards will be marked as unread.
Create conversation thread
Users will have the opportunity to start a conversation thread from any message, this will allow you to better organize conversations in channels and direct messages. These threads also known as side conversations They allow you to discuss topics in detail without having to create a mess in the main conversation.
Which makes following the conversation much easier and only those who have commented on the thread will participate. It should be mentioned that the threads will always be connected to the original message, but the responses of these secondary conversations They will not appear in the main view of the conversation and only those who have commented on them will receive notifications.
To create a thread, mentions such as @ here or @channel are used. Therefore, in order to create a thread you must follow these steps:
- When you meet within a conversation on a channel or direct message you must place the mouse cursor over the message you want answer.
- In the options that appear there you must select “Reply in thread”
- The following will be write your reply to said message.
- And finally you will have to send it, this way you can start a thread where you can discuss a specific topic without affecting the main conversation.
You’re finally going to have a chance to pin conversations in Slack, this is ideal for when you have an important conversation and you want easy access to it. In this case the messages that have been pinned will appear highlighted in a conversation so the other members know that they have been pinned.
In this way, in order to post a message and have quick access to it, you must follow each of these steps:
- Here you must locate the mouse cursor about the message you want to pin with a pin.
- When it is already marked, you must click on the three-dot icon to open the menu of “More actions.”
- Among the options that appear there you must select “Pin to channel” or “Pin this conversation” in a direct message.
- Thus you can start pinning those important messages and which you need to access easily.