These computer gadgets they are a very important part for the human being, especially today when through them almost everything can be done type of activity. This is how it is currently used by governments, companies, merchants, student and public institutions, among many others.
And it is that these teams are formed by a large number of items and components they allow its optimal functioning. One of them is the computer case or case which serves to physically ride all the components inside the computer.
Bearing in mind that this is one of the most important parts for a computer, here we will explain a little more about what it is about and what its true function is on these desktops. For this, follow in detail everything that we will teach you below:
What is a computer box or tower and what is it for?
The computer case or tower as they are also known is nothing more than metal part where much of machine components as it is hard drive, motherboard, disk drive, optical drive, among many other elements that are present there. These housings usually come in shape horizontal and vertical depending on the type.
It is also important to mention that mostly these towers usually come with a built-in power supply. The main function of this case is to be able to store and protect each of the components that are present there, thus allowing each of those parts can work properly, especially what it is the central processing unit (CPU).
It is worth mentioning that not only do desktop computers have a box, but also laptops how tablets or notebooks are also considered as a box or case. The only difference is that for this type of equipment it is not so easy to replace said part, so your trading is not as common as on desktop computers.
History and evolution How have the boxes changed over time?
All this began in 1972 when the company of Intel manufactured the first 4004 microprocessor, thanks to this the way would be opened for what would be the computers at home. This is how other companies like Apple in 1976 and a year later Tandy and Commodore they promised manufacturing all of this equipment.
In this way Commodore's company would begin to provide each of its teams with a single block where only what was was the keyboard and the magnetic tape reader, whereas in the case of Tandy would include a TV and a separate cable. But in the case of Apple would begin to commercialize small quantities of these equipment but without boxes.
All this became the beginnings of these teams in the world, where most of Computers began to come on the market including a keyboard in a box. After all this would come what was the third generation, where it starts with the intervention of Amiga 1000 in 1985, at that moment desk boxes were opened.
With this new model of computers it would last several years in the market, until 1992 and 1993 when a housing separately what it was for the keyboard that was connected through a cable with the monitor. In this case the keyboard had to rest on a desk just like the monitor. The next evolution of these devices would occur in the years 1996 when the casing would try to be placed vertically, which allowed to increase greatly measure the volume.
Thanks to this it would be placed data storage devices perpendicular to the housing, managing to take better advantage of all the space. Since then the color of the case was beige with a rectangular shape. But from the 2000s the predominant color would become black. For the year 2003, the apple company decides to bet on the boxes with new designs and more colors, making them many more aesthetic, even achieving reduce their size.
Due to all this, the different companies dedicated to the subject have specialized in making cases that have a more pleasant and delicate appearancewhere a New evolution was that of the fan and noise. Can currently be found very small boxes with very large fans, this is because thanks to all the advances they have been achieving better manage space in them to offer a better organization from all parties.
What are the different types of case that exist in computer science?
As previously mentioned, these boxes have presented a constant evolution that has gone changing its shape and sizewhere they went from being a robust housing to a more delicate and small. This is how we will show you below which are the different types of cases that exist in computing.
To do this, follow this list:
- Barebone: This case stands out for having a reduced size, the same was manufactured in order to take up very little space and so turn it into a pretty nice design for the public. However, this case presents a drawback and that is that its expansion becomes difficult, this being the reason why supports very few additional devices. It also presents another problem due to its small size which provides a heating. Because it has few devices, it offers a large amount of USB ports, thus allowing to connect all kinds of devices via USB cables. These boxes are known today as cubes.
- Mini Tower: La Minitorre is distinguished for having one or two bays 5¼ »and two or three 3½» bays, this will depend mainly on the motherboard that can be placed. Generally you are boxes does not have problem with USB ports. Due to their shape it can be said that these are one of the best-selling models on the market, because it is small and can be easily expanded. In addition, it does not present barebones problem and their warm-up is normal.
- Desktop: They are very similar to those mentioned above but are not as common as the mini-towers, although its use has been increasing in recent years. These boxes should be used on the desk since this will allow them not pick up so much dust from the ground. So the monitor should stand next to the desktop.
- Media tower or semi-tower: In this case its size was increased to be able place many more devices, mostly they are from four bays of 5¼ »and four 3½», and also offers a large number of gaps allowing them place cards and other devices, although it is important to mention that this will depend mainly on the motherboard that you have.
- Tower: It can be said that this is the largest model of all, due to its size has the opportunity to store a large number of components. These models are mostly used when the size of the cards and the quantity demands it. An example of this may be duplicating towers they have a large number of CD / DVD / BD recording drives at the same time.
- Server: Servers stand out for being very wide towers and for not having aesthetics, this is because this type of housing is intended for those places where there is little user traffic. This means that they are used in data processing centers. That is why these types of towers are based on their operation, giving priority to what is performance and ventilation and not its design.
The server usually has more than one hot draw power supply, this will allow the server can continue its operation in case some of the two are damageds. Being so important and fundamental they should always be connected to a power system which will protect equipment of the voltage peaks and in case there is a power outage the computer will continue to run for a few minutes while the user can turn it off.
- Rack: These are other types of servers that are dedicated and have a higher power than any other computer. In this way the rack servers they are fixed to a piece of furniture that has special measures. In this way the racks are placed in air-conditioned rooms because they can take high temperatures caused by all its operation.
- Portable: As mentioned earlier, laptops are also a casing but a bit more defined. However, they are much more limited since they cannot expand or it is very delicate to do so and they tend to present heating if they are highly demanded. The size of it will depend on the monitor that has built-in, where they are getting thinner.
- Integrated to the screen: Known as the all in one, they are they deal with an extension of space in the structure of a CRT monitor or an LCD screen. They house the different functional devices of the team as they are the motherboard, optical disc drive, power supply, hard drive, internal fans, among many others who are present there. The main advantage of this design is that saves a lot of space, making one of a technology similar to that of the laptops, but this time his expansion is even more limited and much more expensive.
Parts of a computing tower What are all its parts?
The computer case is that case that is responsible for storing a large number of computer parts and components and which are fundamental for its operation.
According to this, here we show you what are all the parts of a computing tower:
- Power supply: It is a metal box that is located inside the case, it is in charge of distribute electrical energy they all use the other components of the system and which is very important in all this operation.
- Motherboard: She is in charge of making everyone the devices and elements of the computer are integrated. Is a flat plate what's wrong with it different slots they allow connect the processor, cards and other components that are necessary for the operation of the machine.
- Processor: Known in computing as the computer brain, since it is this component that is in charge of process all the information on the machine. It is not found with the naked eye as it is covered by a heat sink and a fan for cooling, this is because generates a lot of heat which could cause it to heat up.
- RAM memory: She is the main manager of temporarily saves all the information and programs that are used within the computer, for later the processor is able to take it, visualize and process.
- HDD: This component is in charge of save all files, programs and computer systems, so the operation of the HDD It is also essential for computer operation as such. In addition there are two types of hard drive the basic one that has multiple platters that rotate and store all information and SSA solid state disks or as flash memories.
- Sound and video card: Video or sound cards are optional in these housings, so it will be up to the user if he wants add them or not. But these are integrated into the motherboard and it is used to be able to work with videos, animations, audio, images, even for playing video games from the computer.
- Network board: Usually this plate usually comes integrated into the computer, and it is the one that allows connect a network cable to another device de re as can be a modem or router.
- Optical disc drive: The optical disc drive will be used for reading or writing data through optical discs. For this, this unit uses a electromagnetic wave laser light that allow you to give read to disk.