One of the most used mobile operating systems today, it’s iOS. Which, of course, belongs to the multinational Apple and, although it was developed only for the iPhone in the beginning, today it is also used in iPad and iPod Touch. Taking into account that, among all these devices, iPhones and iPads are the most widely used today.
Thus, there are numerous users who handle these Apple smartphones and tablets around the world. For which, one of the most helpful functions is to be able to reorient the screens of said equipment. Whether to view photos or videos in a horizontal position, to write long and good messages, to have much more comfort on your iPhone or iPad.
However, although it is a very simple function to use on other computers, the truth is that for many iOS users it is not so easy to use it. Therefore, in order to assist those who want to rotate the screen of their iPhone and iPad in a quick and easy way, here we will explain each of the methods that can be used for this.
Steps to rotate my iPhone screen without enabling auto-rotate feature
While it is true, the main way to rotate the screen of an iPhone or any device, is activating the automatic rotation function which, by default, contain all mobile phones and tablets. But, to go beyond this recognized method, we have decided to propose a tactic that allows you to reorient the screen without directly resorting to enabling this feature of the equipment.
In this sense, the trick is to use AssistiveTouch on iPhone. Which is defined as a digital resource designed for those who have difficulties, mainly, to press a screen or press buttons on electronic equipment. But, in addition to its main function, the AssistiveTouch also serves to handle the mobile in case the Home button is broken or does not work properly.
In this way, the AssistiveTouch is classified as a utility that allows you to overcome any obstacle to access the Home button via a virtual buttonbasically. Therefore, this option appears on the screen of iOS devices and is responsible for emulating the function of the physical button, but in a tacit way to use the equipment through its screen, exclusively.
Having clarified this, we proceed to detail each of the steps to follow to rotate the screen of any iOS in a simple way with said system utility:
- First of all, you have to access the “Settings” application which is characterized by showing a gray gear and shows all the functions based on the device (from the most basic, to the most advanced).
- After that, among all the options there are, you have to press the tab that says “General” and with this, you will directly enter the General menu of the equipment from which you can modify various aspects of it, such as its functionality, its appearance and its performance.
- Then, tap on the “Accessibility” tab and among the first available options of the group “Interaction” you’ll see “AssistiveTouch”, in which you will have to press. There, you will have to press the button right next to “AssistiveTouch” so that it is shown in green, that is, to activate this function.
- With the above, you should observe a gray square on your iPhone screen and thus, it is time to exit the Settings menu.
- Once this is done, proceed to open the application you want and, of course, allow screen rotation. Among the most recommended, we find these: “Notes” or “Photos”.
- At this point, you can press the gray square belonging to the AssistiveTouch function and with that, you must expand a menu with several options, such as: “Device”, “Notification Center” and “Control Center”. But, in this case, you will have to look for the option at the bottom of said menu that indicates “Start”.
- Once you get the button “Start”, you have to press it and then the same action of press the physical start button (as you will see).
- Now, it is necessary that press the option “Device” to see other options available within an organized menu, among which you will get the one indicated “Rotate screen”.
- Finally, it’s time to press said option And with this, you can start rotating the screen in the direction you prefer. Also, to enable landscape mode, simply you will have to press “Left” or “Right” and thus, all the apps that accept rotation can easily reorient themselves with this action.
For its part, this function will work as long as you have the rotation lock disabled on the device. Now, when you want to minimize the AssistiveTouch menu, it will be enough with press anywhere on the screen for that.
Activate the automatic rotation of my iOS step by step the easy way
Also known as the method of “Disable rotation lock”, refers to the main tool that the vast majority of iPhone and iPad users turn to when they want to use the indicated function to rotate the screen of these devices.
To be able to do it in a simple and effective way, we recommend you execute the following steps:
- The first thing you have to do is press the home button on your iOS device. But, if you prefer, you can also press the lock button on the iPhone or iPad to wake up the screen.
- After that, you must slide your finger from the bottom of the panel up, in order to be able to enter the “Control Center” which is where you will find the option to enable or disable device rotation lock.
- At this point, proceed to press the lock icon (with a red background, initially) that is located in the upper right corner of the menu. In these cases, this icon generally indicates the following: “Portrait Orientation Lock: Off”.
- Now, you have to unlock your Apple smartphone or tabletEither with the Touch ID registered on the device, with an access code, or you can press the home button again.
- Subsequently, you have to open any application you want to test that the screen rotation of the iPhone or iPad is active. Taking into account that, it is not possible to rotate the home screen and some applications do not support vertical change (the Clock app, for example).
- Finally and once you are inside the application in question, proceed to rotate the device 90 degrees to the left or right, so that the screen does the same. With this, you will see the app in landscape mode (as long as it is compatible).
It should be noted that, in order for the rotation made previously to be maintained, you must ensure that hold the mobile or iPad on its side (horizontal) or right (vertical) with the screen facing you.
List of the best applications to rotate the screen of my iPhone smartphone or iPad tablet
For more help, you also have the possibility of downloading a certain application on your iPhone and iPad, from which it will be much easier to rotate the screen of said devices, without having to activate the aforementioned functions or carry out said processes.
Then, We detail a brief list with the alternatives available for this on iOS devices, today:
- SBRotator: It is a true Cydia classic that is compatible with almost all versions of iOS, just like the new Apple devices. Thus, an app that gives you the possibility of using your iPhone in landscape mode in a simple way and with a special layout that rests on the dock on the right. Thanks to that, allows you to rotate apps that do not have this possibility nativelysuch as Facebook, Twitter, GameCenter, iTunes or the App Store.
- IconRotator: Something similar to the previous solution, this app is defined as a Cydia Apple tweak that facilitates the rotation of the icons located at the start of Apple devices. Which means that it is used to make the application icons and their names are viewed horizontally and are easier to read with the device in that position. Likewise, it works with the application icons inside the folders and thus, it is characterized by being uniform in all cases.